As promised, the recipe for the raspberry ragamuffins I made to ring in 2015. While similar to the other muffin recipes I’ve shared, these include a sweet surprise in the center. I like to think of them as muffins with a few accessories normally reserved for scones, namely jam and clotted cream. But they’re not a muffin-scone hybrid, they’re unique unto themselves. And so, they are ragamuffins! (Plus I’m a fan of alliteration, as regular readers have probably realized).
A raspberry ragamuffin
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
2 large eggs
1/3 cup brown sugar or other sweetener
6 oz 2% vanilla or raspberry Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup raspberry jam
2-3 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
Red confectioner’s sugar (optional)
Butter, oil, or cooking spray (for the muffin tin)
Muffin tins while adding the jam
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter, oil or cooking spray.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add egg and yogurt.
5. Mix well until the batter is uniform. This should be about 12-15 good stirs.
6. Pour each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way with batter.
7. Add a small dollop of jam (roughly 1 tsp) to each muffin tin.
8. Cover the jam with batter.
9. Place a raspberry upside-down in each muffin.
10. Sprinkle each muffin with red confectioner’s sugar (optional).
11. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
12. Let cool.
Raspberry ragamuffins fresh from the oven
© 2015 Renaissance Runner Girl. All rights reserved.