I’ve shared my favorite frozen treats, fruits, and such with you before, but while I was studying for the past few months, there were a few discoveries that lent a bit of sweetness to life and made the hours more bearable. These summer study snacks would be awesome additions to anyone’s summer list, whether you’re actually studying or just want some new go-tos. All will definitely remain in my own repertoire! So I’m linking up with Heather and Katie to share them with you this Friday.
1. No Bake Peanut Butter Berry Bars: The perfect way to get my peanut butter fix while incorporating my beloved wild raspberries into a summer recipe that requires no oven!
2. Stonewall Kitchen Jam: My family has been eating Stonewall Kitchen products for my entire life. My parents would go to Maine every summer and bring back lots of jams, mustards, and pancake and waffle mixes. And a delicious, sugar-coma-inducing concoction called Strawberry Piggy Sauce that we used to pour on those pancakes and waffles (and ice cream, and yogurt, and pretty much anything little hands might want to sweeten up). We stopped finding it in the factory store and when my mom asked, she was told it had been discontinued – apparently we were some of the very few purchasers! Anyway, they still make the best jams and mustards. I’ve been scooping these two flavors into yogurt, ice cream, my Peanut Butter Puff-in-a-Mug, and alternating with spoonfuls of peanut butter all summer.
3. Crazy Cups: I had been alternating between regular and French Vanilla decaf coffee for months, since there are not a whole lot of decaf K-cup flavors available. But I recently stumbled upon Crazy Cups on Amazon and I am loving the flavors I’ve tried so far! Frosted Oatmeal Cookie, Bananas Foster, and Pumpkin Vanilla Creme are all awesome and definitely make me more attached to my decaf iced coffee habit. Actually, even though K-cups are on the expensive end of coffee, these are pretty much priced the same as any other K-cups (which is unusual for fun decaf flavors) and they’ve saved me money in a roundabout way because instead of grabbing an iced coffee while I’m out, I’d rather wait to get home and have a fun flavor.
4. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: The perfect morsels for when you’ve got a PB & chocolate craving and nothing else will do. I’ve been eating them “frozen” lately – put them in the fridge, and when you take them out to eat, the peanut butter is firm and they taste like peanut butter cups you’d get in ice cream.
5. Watermelon Flavored Extra Gum: This stuff got me through bar studying and the exam. I’m not kidding! I would totally have snacked every minute on real watermelon (or, you know, those peanut butter cups) had I not had this stuff to chew on. And I’m still loving it!
And that’s a wrap for my Five Things Friday! Stay tuned over the weekend – I’ll be posting some of my favorite links tomorrow as well as my usual weekly recap on Sunday 🙂
What’s your favorite sweet summer treat?
© 2015 Renaissance Runner Girl. All rights reserved.