Guess who’s back in the kitchen having fun with new recipe concoction? This girl. I definitely put the cooking creativity on the back burner this summer while I was studying, and although my Peaches n’ Cream Oatmeal Cake certainly uses summer fruit, I haven’t shared too many made-for-summer recipes since I started Renaissance Runner Girl last December. All that changes today with these No Bake Peanut Butter Berry Bars. Which, as you’ve probably guessed, are no-bake and therefore perfect for hot weather.
I came up with the idea when I was craving my Dreamy Peanut Butter Cookie Bites but didn’t want to use the oven. The berries were the result of constantly eating all the wild raspberries I can find, while also wanting to incorporate them into some recipe other than the kind where I spoon peanut butter out of the jar and alternate between downing that and tossing back berries.
The result? A mouthwatering blend of peanut butter and fresh berries. Together with oats and honey they make for a perfectly portable bar. There are only four ingredients. They’re gluten-free. And if you use natural peanut butter, they are completely natural, sugar-free, and dairy-free (maple syrup instead of honey will also make them vegan). Hope you like them as much as I do!
- 2 cups gluten free quick oats*
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter**
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup fresh berries
- Mix peanut butter and honey together.
- Add in oats and stir until coated with the mixture.
- Add half the berries and stir until mixed throughout.
- On a sheet of wax paper, press the mixture into a large square shape.
- Sprinkle remaining berries on top and smash them so the juices mix with the bars.
- Place in a sealed container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and slice into 8 small rectangular bars (you can also make squares).
Do you prefer no-bake treats in summer?
Any favorite summer fruits you try to use in recipes?
© 2015 Renaissance Runner Girl. All rights reserved.