This week I’m linking up for Five Things Friday! Somehow, recent days seemed to revolve around gardens for me. Not actual gardening, mind you – that’s a little tough in Manhattan. But from fashion to food to flowers blooming all around, there was a general garden theme, which made for a colorful and cheerful week!
1. Lilly Pulitzer clothes: On Thursday, Bryant Park was transformed into a Lilly-palooza for the new capsule collection for Target. I am a major Lilly fan, wearing lots of dresses throughout the spring and summer, so had thought I’d hit this up, but I am an even bigger fan of not standing in line to spend money, which is what I would have had to do. I am looking forward to seeing if I can snatch up this dress online, but otherwise I’ll stick to wearing the Lilly I have because it makes me happy just to put it on! And really, I have so much Lilly already, and the clothes are made so well, that I’ll be able to wear them for years to come.
2. Trusty Tretorns: I love Tretorn tennis shoes, and wear them all the time for walking around. Basically, if I’m not in running shoes and I don’t have to be fancy, these are on my feet. They’re also well-made and last a long time, which is saying something, because I easily walk 5-6 miles a day around the city in addition to my morning runs. I’ve worn these for years, but always stuck to the classic navy or white pairs, until I discovered these adorable flowered kicks. And now that spring is officially here and I’ve transitioned out of boots (and also worn out my old pair until the hole near the big toe was too big to tape up!) I have flowered, happy feet.
3. Garden Lites Zucchini Souffle: I’ve mentioned before that I enjoy Garden Lites products. I try to cook from scratch using fresh ingredients wherever possible, but sometimes having a few things in the freezer is necessary for a busy girl on the go (especially because I refuse to resort to Seamless, I’m not that lazy!) These veggie soufflés are great because they’re gluten-free and nut-free (many are also dairy-free) and serve as a good base for adding extra eggs or protein and fresh veggies to create a quick and tasty breakfast bowl.
Wednesday was especially busy for me, so I was happy to be able to toss this in the microwave and add some quick scrambled eggs and frozen veggies. It’s great to have a hot meal that both tastes fresh and light and fills you up without weighing you down!
4. Outdoor markets: I was lucky to wander by both the Lincoln Square and Union Square markets this week. Both had impressive apple stands and arrays of fresh flowers. There were also other treats that come from nature, like maple syrup and fresh herbs and veggies.
5. Flowers everywhere else: There are just so many fresh flowers in bloom, and it makes me smile. One of my favorite songs is “Wildflowers” by Tom Petty and I love little reminders of the lyrics, whether I’m in the park, on a city street, or out in the country.
What are some things flowering up your Friday?
© 2015 Renaissance Runner Girl. All rights reserved.
Disclosure: I received a voucher for the Garden Lites Zucchini Souffle for review. I purchased all other products myself. No financial compensation was received for this post. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.