Peanut butter is one of my weaknesses. Luckily, peanut butter is great fuel for a runner. I’m constantly finding new ways to incorporate it into recipes to avoid spooning it straight from the jar (which often happens anyway…but I digress!) Peanut butter is great for any PB&J treats, paired with maple syrup or honey like in my Peanut Butter Cups, or dotted with dark chocolate chips. But sometimes, I just want creamy (or crunchy!) peanut butter, pure and simple. For that, I turn to these peanut butter cookie bites, so simultaneously creamy, crunchy, and peanut butter-y, it’s tough to stop at just one! So make a batch to share with friends – they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan, so everyone can enjoy.
1 cup gluten-free quick oats (you can also use instant oats for smoother cookies, but I love chewy ones)
1/4 cup gluten-free instant oats
1/3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter (either works, so pick freely!)
6 tbsp powdered peanut butter
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup dry sweetener (brown sugar is great, but you can also use white sugar or stevia)
1/4 cup applesauce
Cookie sheet and parchment paper
1. Mix 6 tbsp powdered peanut butter with 4 tbsp water in a small bowl.
2. Melt regular peanut butter in a saucepan or microwave and combine the two.
3. Add all other ingredients to peanut butter mixture and stir. The batter will be fairly thick and clumpy, but don’t add any extra liquid – trust me!
4. Roll dough into small spheres and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, pressing down to make cookie shapes as you go.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
6. Let cool for at least 10 minutes to allow the cookie bites to firm up. Then, enjoy!
Note: this recipe will yield 12 cookie bites. You could also make 6 giant cookies, or 24 truly bite-size cookies!
© 2015 Renaissance Runner Girl. All rights reserved.
3 thoughts on “Dreamy Peanut Butter Cookie Bites”
I’ve still yet to try using powdered peanut butter! I’ve been meaning to try it out once I finish off the regular peanut butter I currently have! :O These would be such a great snack! :]
Hope you enjoy them if you whip up a batch!
Pingback: No Bake Peanut Butter Berry Bars | Renaissance Runner Girl