As promised, the recipe for the raspberry ragamuffins I made to ring in 2015. While similar to the other muffin recipes I’ve shared, these include a sweet surprise in the center. I like to think of them as muffins with a few accessories normally reserved for scones, namely jam and clotted cream. But they’re not a muffin-scone hybrid, they’re unique unto themselves. And so, they are ragamuffins! (Plus I’m a fan of alliteration, as regular readers have probably realized).
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
2 large eggs
1/3 cup brown sugar or other sweetener
6 oz 2% vanilla or raspberry Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup raspberry jam
2-3 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
Red confectioner’s sugar (optional)
Butter, oil, or cooking spray (for the muffin tin)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter, oil or cooking spray.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add egg and yogurt.
5. Mix well until the batter is uniform. This should be about 12-15 good stirs.
6. Pour each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way with batter.
7. Add a small dollop of jam (roughly 1 tsp) to each muffin tin.
8. Cover the jam with batter.
9. Place a raspberry upside-down in each muffin.
10. Sprinkle each muffin with red confectioner’s sugar (optional).
11. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
12. Let cool.
© 2015 Renaissance Runner Girl. All rights reserved.